[ltp] [OT] Cleaning Mousebuttons

Michael Z Daryabeygi linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 15:58:31 -0400

Michael Z Daryabeygi wrote:
> Wolf Wiegand wrote:
>
>> All I found was how to remove the keyboard from the computer, but
>> nothing on removing individual keys.
>

> Okay, I was brave for you and found out if mouse buttons are removable.
> I was pretty sure since I already knew that keyboard keys come right off.
>
> Just pry up the front.  There is a little hinge in the back that you
> have to seat first when putting back on.
> I used my pocket knife.  perhaps a small screw driver if you are
> concerned about accidentally scratching.

Actually, the lower mouse buttons don't come all the way off.
This is on my T41.  Above I was referring to the upper mouse buttons and
they do come off cleanly and easily.
The lower mouse buttons for the touch pad, which I never use, are
different and have a weird connector in the outer/upper corners.  I
can't tell what it is for and was not brave a enough to tug harder.
But they do lift up enough for cleaning. Man was it dusty in there!
take care not to loose the contact cover/nipple thingy in the middle of
each button as it just sits with no restraint once the button is lifted.