[ltp] Re: Suspend-to-RAM on Thinkpad R50e (partial success)

Pawel Topa linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:24:18 +0200

Hi!

> it seems really strange that this should work. From your kernel config I can
> see that you are using the VESA framebuffer by default. The intelfb cannot be
> loaded "on top" since you already got a framebuffer device.

Maybe intelfb forces vesafb to do something like reset. I'm not sure,
but it seems to me that no mater vesafb was compiled or not, it works in
the same manner.

> As I am getting the same error you got without using intelfb at all, I don't
> think it is intelfb related.
?? What error? You mean that graphic card doesn't resume.
I think the problem is graphic card which do not resume correctly. The
one of the solutions could be hard reset of graphic card (is it
possible?). It seems to me that intelfb module do something like that
during loading.

> I did try it your way anyways, but I got the same error. I really wonder what
> makes it work for you (even though only once).
I'm not sure if I understand. Did you test my configuration? Did your
notebook resume for the first cycle?

> Can you send me your dmesg
> output (`dmesg > dmesg.txt`)? Maybe I can find something.

Its very odd.
Here is dmidcode output:
http://www.icsr.agh.edu.pl/~topa/dmidecode.txt

And here is my dmesg.