[ltp] Re: Possibly Solved: i855-based ThinkPad R51 suspend-to-RAM

Andrew Barr linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 09:35:12 -0400

<posted & mailed>

Jan Girlich wrote:
> But no success. The problem is pretty the same:
> After waking my R51 up the moon-LED keeps shining and the laptop makes
> some noises (HDD, CDROM, ...) but no network connection and the screen
> is freezed.

It sounds like something else is wrong. I always had a network connection,
even with frozen video, and the half-moon LED goes off. I have BIOS 1.21
and EC 1.04, if that helps. Perhaps acpi_sleep=s3_bios is the problem?

> What about acpi_sleep=s3_bios? Does this interfere with vbetool in some
> way?

That always froze my laptop (like you are describing above), so if it's on
your command line take it off. I didn't need any acpi_sleep parameters to
make it work.

--
Andrew Barr
Student, Ohio State University

[firstname][lastname]/columbus rr com | [lastname].156/osu edu
http://home.columbus.rr.com/andrewbarr

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts."
        - Daniel Patrick Moynihan