[ltp] Unpleasant noise on T42p

Norman Walsh linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 10:55:48 -0400

--=-=-=

A few weeks ago, my T42p started to make an unpleasant noise. It's not
easy to describe, something like a buzzing insect only higher pitched
and more "elecronic" sounding.

IBM warranty repair :-) and a little experimentation allow me to
conclude that it isn't the drive or the fan.

Anyone ever heard of this problem or have suggestions about what it
might be?

I suppose I could ship it back to warranty repair again and let them
try to figure it out, but I hate giving vague problem reports :-)

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

=2D-=20
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Everything should be made as simple as