[ltp] Unpleasant noise on T42p

Alejandro Bonilla linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 09:14:36 -0600

 I have heard of this with the Wireless Cards, or something
 related, I don't really know why was it happening, maybe it's
 an Intel 2200BG? I have no idea why there was such sound, but
 I think it's somewhere in Google. I heard this buzzing once,
 and it was because a task locked my PC and had the CPU at
 100% and at 72C, it was too hot and then it started doing the buzzing.

 Now, I think I remember. There was a user with a 2200bg and that had an
ACPI problem and we were just talking about it. I think it was an acpi
problem and that was fixed like in 2.6.11 or something. He had the problem
with 2.6.9 and 2.6.10rc1 or so... I think he also had problems when shutting
down the PC.