[ltp] frequency scaling using APM?

Norman Ramsey linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 12:31:36 -0400 (EDT)

The Thinkpad Wiki seems to suggest that it is possible to
do cpu frequency scaling using APM (rather than ACPI).
And indeed, I found it possible to load a module called
cpufreq-userspace.  But I can't see that this module does
anything, and when I try to start cpufreqd, it looks for
and does not find yummy files in /dev or /proc.

Has anyone made frequency scaling work using APM?
Has anyone seen documentation for the cpufreq-userspace
module?  (I read the source code but didn't have enough
background to learn anything other than /proc/sys/cpu
is deprecated :-)

Norman Ramsey