[ltp] can't configure audio (cs4332)...

Matt Graham linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:00:50 -0400

On Wednesday 13 April 2005 02:45, after a long battle with technology,
Damir Hakimov wrote:
> Matt Graham wrote
>> right module with the right parameters, and you're set.  The real
>> problem is that the cs4232 is ISA, so you have to specify I/O and
>> IRQ settings.
> Do I have to iterate all possible combinations of values or does the
> way exist to know right parameters (another then PS2)?

The options you need for cs4232 are almost certainly as I described them
in my previous message.  Here they are again:

modprobe sound dmabuf=1
modprobe opl3 io=0x388
modprobe cs4232 io=0x534 irq=5 dma=1 dma2=0 mpuio=0x330 mpuirq=9

...0x534 may not work; if it doesn't, try 0x530.  You could also Google
for "Thinkpad 600 Linux sound" or check tuxmobil.org's pages on the
Thinkpad 600.  This model has been around for a long time, and the
steps for getting its sound working should be well-documented.

--
   Some people are alive only because it is traditional to keep
   torturing the poor guy about being lost in the machine room with an