[ltp] Re: Possibly Solved: i855-based ThinkPad R51 suspend-to-RAM

Mo linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 20:22:57 +0100

Thanks Andrew, this fixed it for me too (R50e). Although the X server also
behaves rather strange (unusable) if I try to suspend without switching to a
console first.

> I have to correct myself: The vbetool stuff doesn't seem to be required
> at all. Merely saving and restoring the contents of
> /proc/bus/pci/00/02.0 seems to do the trick. I still have to switch to a
> text console to prevent the X server from dying, though.

It worked for me without the vbetool too.

Cheers,
Mo