[ltp] USB after docking

David Tansey linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 22:50:49 -0400

I have had a problem with my x40's USB port that is near the headphone
jack after I have undocked and redocked my laptop. If I boot up with the
docking station in then I can plug my USB mouse into that port and use
it. But if I undock and then redock it is no longer useful. dmesg
doesn't show any activity when I plug the mouse in.

any guesses?

i will try to if it is _just_ the un/re-docking or if it has something
to do with whether I suspend it or do something else while I am
undocked.

It isn't an issue with modules, though. I have ehci_hcd, uhci_hcd,
usbcore, etc all loaded.

it is just with this port, because when I dock all the usb devices
plugged into my docking station work. (unfortunately, i have all the
plugs used.)

any tips would be appreciated.

thanks!

David