[ltp] Plese turn off James Ryan's auto responder!

Fri, 15 Apr 2005 16:08:27 +0100 (BST)

---1463811840-626785664-1113577707=:5450

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005, Bjørn Mork wrote:

> Sure.  But the problem is probably caused by a combination of James
> Ryan's faulty auto-responder and this header unwisely added by the
> mailing list software:

> Please see http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html

Agree fully.  But you will know that this is a religious debate on
which tempers run wild by mailing lists admins!  There are webpages
want to inflame a debate.  Although I happen to agree with you :)

> Just be glad that his autoreplier doesn't seem to reply to it's own
> messages.  There have been examples of those on other mailing lists.
> Better fix the reply-to before someone like that shows up here...

Yes.  I've witnessed and had to fix up violent mailstorms caused by
exactly that situation.  Whoever is the admin here should kick badly
behaving addresses like this off without mercy!

---1463811840-626785664-1113577707=:5450--