[ltp] Re: Possibly Solved: i855-based ThinkPad R51 suspend-to-RAM

Andrew Barr linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 15 Apr 2005 18:35:37 -0400

Ingo van Lil wrote:
> OK, I finally gave it a try: Compiling vbetool on Gentoo wasn't easy and
> required a little source hacking, but I finally managed to install it.
> Running vbetool to save the vbe state while X is active crashes the X
> server.

Hmmm...I didn't have to switch to a console. I wasn't using a framebuffer
when I tested it from X, perhaps that's the difference?

> But, now for the good news: If I switch to a text console (vesa
> framebuffer) before running your script, everything works great. So, all
> I have to do is adding a "chvt 1" call to my suspen script. That's a
> pretty minor inconvenience compared to the way it was before. Thank you
> very much.

Great to hear it works :). I'm thinking about writing a scriptlet for the
Software Suspend 2 hibernate-script, then we could all use that for
suspend-to-RAM.

Andrew