[ltp] Re: Possibly Solved: i855-based ThinkPad R51 suspend-to-RAM

Andrew Barr linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 15 Apr 2005 18:37:10 -0400

Mo wrote:

> Thanks Andrew, this fixed it for me too (R50e). Although the X server also
> behaves rather strange (unusable) if I try to suspend without switching to
> a console first.

I had to switch away on /resume/ and then switch back--it was okay after
that. When I resumed the screen was black and there was this odd white bar
that responded to the mouse moving--switching to a text console and back to
X.org fixed it.

> It worked for me without the vbetool too.

I wasn't sure if this was necessary...it was a just in case thing.

Andrew