[ltp] vbestate works, but...

Niel Lambrechts linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 16 Apr 2005 03:13:52 +0200

At 11:47 PM 2005/04/15, you wrote:
>Hi Niel,
>everything you write is correct. After resuming the ati card consumes much
>more power. ATI says that it is an IBM Bios problem. I think it is a lame
>excuse.
>Additional I can't start fgl_glxgears after resuming. (-> crash)
>(My system : Thinkpad T41p FireGL Mobility T2)
>Nils

mmm...

I agree, ATI has been extremely unhelpful and I am not likely to support
them again. A year ago they told me to use the external agpgart module, I
see that even though they have an open case, they still will not
acknowledge this to be a problem on their side - i.e. fglrx. I really
believe they have enough information to solve this.

Whether I resume from RAM/disk I don't get issues with glxgears or
fgl_glxgears. I do however have Xorg and a custom dsdt, might be that. And
the high power consumption goes away when I restart X after reloading
fglrx, funnily enough. Wonder what it re-initialises?

Regards,
Niel