Fwd: Re: [ltp] cardmgr monitoring only one pcmcia socket (T30)

Bjørn Mork linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 17 Apr 2005 14:44:41 +0200

Harry Mangalam <hjm@tacgi.com> writes:

> No luck the 1st time and no luck googling so I'll try once more:
>
> hjm
>
> On my thinkpad (a22p debian 2.6.7), I recently noticed the same thing
> when I needed to transfer some pix on a CF adapter that had always
> been working quite well. The top slot was used by an orinoco wireless
> card, but when I stuck the CF adapter in the lower slot (slot 1, by
> 'cardinfo'), there was no familiar double beep.
>
> At 1st I thought it was just broken hardware, but 'cardctl status'
>  and 'cardctl info' correctly detects and identifies a card
>  insertion, even tho cardinfo does not. dmesg does not report any
>  events for a card inserted into slot 1.
>
> /var/lib/pcmcia/stab lists only the card in slot 0.
>
> /proc interrupts only show an int for slot 0
>

> And in win2k, both slots are recognized and work (as well as they can
> be expected to work anyway).
>
> Any ideas?  fixes?

Did you try loading yenta_socket with disable_clkrun=1 ?

 bjorn@obelix:~$ modinfo -p yenta_socket
 disable_clkrun:If PC card doesn't function properly, please try this option
 override_bios:yenta ignore bios resource allocation

(you'll probably need a recent kernel for this.  don't know excactly
when it was added, but it's recently

Bjørn