[ltp] T42p + suspend2 + acpi + hotplug Ultrabay working (fwd)

Sun, 17 Apr 2005 15:58:59 +0100 (BST)

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005, David A. Desrosiers wrote:

>> Bit confused here - by suspend2 you mean swsusp2?
>
> 	No, I mean suspend2, from suspend2.net.

Yes - that's swsusp2.  But presumably you are still suspending to
ram within the times stated, not to disk, thus not actually using
suspend2/swsusp2?

>> It might be fixed in the latest kernels - which are you using?
>
> 	As mentioned in the original email, 2.6.11.7

Sorry if I missed this - sad they haven't fixed the DMA issue uet
them.

>> ACPI you have working - there are examples on how to do just this in the
>> ibm-acpi distribution tarball.
>
> 	ibm-acpi is built into the kernel now, I just haven't found the right
> doco that describes how to get these two function keys hooked into suspend2
> for suspend-to-ram and suspend-to-disk.

Check the example scripts in the ibm-acpi distribution.  You need an
events and an action script in /etc/acpi/.