[ltp] How to turn your T42p into a brick with ACPI...

Bret Comstock Waldow linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 17 Apr 2005 23:05:56 +1200

--nextPart1439392.FZNpXc3mlk

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 01:05, David A. Desrosiers wrote:
> > 	Has anyone managed to accomplish both of these tasks?
>
> 	Am I to assume that nobody has an answer to my original
> question? After 8 replies, not a single one had any suggestions as to
> how I can get functional acpi + suspend working (I'm not using the ATI
> drivers, I don't do games, so I don't need OpenGL), and how to get the
> DockII working.
>
> 	Nobody? Anybody?

I don't know if this matches your components sufficiently.  It works fine w=
ith=20
my T42 (2378-FVU).

http://www.jenny-and-jp.org/index.php?page=3Dthinkpadr51

My graphic display is corrupt when resuming from suspend to disk.  Suspendi=
ng=20
to RAM and resuming fixes this.  Now I have the habit of switching to=20
Ctrl-Alt-F12 before suspending to disk (this vt tails the log file on my=20
machine), which eliminates any display corruption.

Regards,
Bret