[ltp] Timed return from S3 sleep?

Martin Samuelsson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 18 Apr 2005 13:00:19 +0200

Hi list,

On my old laptop that used apm I can remember having a utility called
apmsleep that made the firmware wake it up from sleep at a given time. I
think it worked by setting an alarm event that triggered a resume at the
given time.

Does anyone know if ThinkPad ACPI have a similar functionality? In the
firmware? and possibly also existing user space applications to control
it.

What I really want to do is use the laptop as an alarm clock to wake me
up on the mornings. I.e. somethink like:

acpisleep until 07:00 ; make_a_lot_of_noise

Thanks,
--
/Martin