[ltp] IBM Thinkpad 600E errors

wes schreiner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 19 Apr 2005 04:14:53 -0500

Hi,

Evan Spier wrote:

> Heiko,
>
> I would appreciate it if you could email me the solution to the
> Thinkpad 600E problems:

You need the ThinkPad 600/600E (2645) Hardware Maintenance Manual,
available as a PDF file from IBM at
<ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/09n1033.pdf>  That's where
I found the information below.

> ERROR 08611

In the Symptom-to-FRU index, it says for 8611:
"System bus error--I/F between 8042 and IPDC." whatever that means.  The
first action it suggests is to "Reseat the keyboard cable on the sub
card."  If that doesn't work it says next to start replacing things.

> DEV 086

Device 086 is the trackpoint on the system board.

> ERR 22
> FRU 0010

FRU 0010 means IBM suggests replacing the system board as a fix.  Surely
that is a last resort.  What problem are you seeing?  Something keyboard
or trackpoint related?

wes