3d-acceleration not working was: Re: [ltp] How many fps on intel 855GM?

Ingo van Lil linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 19 Apr 2005 17:23:28 +0200

On 19 Apr 2005, Jan Girlich wrote:

> >Nope. It's all kernel stuff. And it's all in the Device Drivers/
> >Character Devices section. If you compile those drivers as modules they
> >will be called agpgart, intel-apg and i915.
>
> Ah, I see. I just compiled a new vanilla-2.6.12-rc2 with those options
> inside the kernel, but no change.
> So I'll try to use them as modules.

For me it makes no difference whether I compile them into the kernel or
as module. Works both.

> What modules do you load?

Only those the autodetection wrote into the config file. "synaptics" is
the only one I added manually:

Section "Module"
        Load  "record"
        Load  "extmod"
        Load  "dbe"
        Load  "dri"
        Load  "glx"
        Load  "xtrap"
        Load  "freetype"
        Load  "type1"
        Load  "synaptics"
EndSection

BTW, are you intentionally not using the Synaptics touchpad driver? It's
a great comfort bonus.

        Cheers,
            Ingo