[ltp] Re: Timed return from S3 sleep?

Martin Samuelsson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 13:19:05 +0200

On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 01:29:34PM -0400, Volker Braun wrote:
> I have been wondering the same thing. One should only have to set the
> wakeup time in /proc/acpi/alarm, e.g.
>
> echo 2005-04-18 12:00:00 > /proc/acpi/alarm

I tried this using both UTC and local time. Without any success at all
on my X40. :(   Oh, well it changed what value showed when cat:ing the
file but that only says I didn't mess up when and nothing more.

> but that never worked for me (on a T41). Has anyone had any success with
> acpi alarms?

Googleing gives me the picture that work is needed for this to function
at all...

Really bugzilla.kernel.org should be browsed, but I'm not doing it now.
--
/Martin