[ltp] Wireless things

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 18:39:38 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005, Ignacio Fernandez Galvan wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 23:53:01 +0200, Ingo van Lil <inguin@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > You could try to use a network sniffer (ethereal, tcpdump) and try to
> > find out MAC and IP addresses, but I don't think you should.
>
> Thanks, I guess that's all I need to know for now. I was just curious
> about the cause of that light, what it means and what I could do with it
> :)  I don't intend to steal internet, I have a faster ADSL ;)

That's a fat pipe to be faster than even 802.11b (11 Mb/s half-duplex
theoretical, and I typically see about half that).

A. A Top Poster                        \   http://www.fscked.co.uk/
B. Who's there?                         \   writing/
A. Knock-knock -- from bobward@xxx.com   \   top-posting-cuss.html