[ltp] Alternative to buying a CDR/DVD-ROM for x4 ultrabase

Tony linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 23:02:55 -0400

I am looking into an IBM X40 for my next linux laptop.  The
price/performance is a little steep.  IBM is presently running a
special with a base model and ultrabase included, however, from all
that I read there is no (minimal) CD-ROM available for the ultrabase.=20
So I still must fork out an additional ~$150 for a CDR-DVD that I
don't need (I have a burner in my desktop).  Has anyone found any any
cheap alternatives for just a CD-ROM that mount in the x4 ultrabase?

Tony