[ltp] Alternative to buying a CDR/DVD-ROM for x4 ultrabase

Nicolas Kreft linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 15:59:01 +0200

Hi!

Tony wrote:
> One last question.  For those of you who have purchased an X40
> recently... Does it include windows restore discs (actual CDs), or
> must one burn them from windows?  I am not intending on running
> windows on this machine, but may need it for resale of the laptop some
> day.

Mine didn't include any CDs. Theres a pre-installed Program that
allows you to burn these CDs. But beware, you can only burn them
once. Second time it says something like "Bla bla Licensing, only
one disc-set allowed".

The best thing to do is probably to make a complete image of the hdd
before you boot from harddisk the first time. Windows XP asks about
Name, Country, Language, etc. and then finishes the installation, so
it's not factory-default anymore then.

regards
Nicolas