[ltp] Shutdown a ThinPadR51 doesn't work.

Xabi Feal linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 26 Apr 2005 00:16:42 +0200

Hello, I have a little problem with a ThinkPad R51 with Debian Sarge. I
have installed acpi and recompiled the kernel with the most suitable
options I have found on the net. However, when I try to shutdwon the
computer, it turns off hard disk operations and LCD, as usual, but it
doesn't turn off the computer, as fan continues working. I need to
manual turn off the computer by clicking on the power button for a long
time.

I would appreciate some hints about this problem and its possible
solutions.

Thanks in advance.

(Sorry for my bad english)