[ltp] Re: autoresponders and reply-to

Marc MERLIN linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 24 Apr 2005 19:02:53 +1000

On Sat, Apr 23, 2005 at 08:29:02PM -0400, Brad Langhorst wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-04-24 at 06:10 +1000, Marc MERLIN wrote:
>

> > I'm not holding my breath, but you can't blame me for hoping. In the
> > meantime, all list loops, embarrassing private replies sent back to the
> > list, and replies to posts that get missed to the original sender due to
> > lack of Cc, are all problems directly linked to the list's unfortunate
> > reply-to munging, so please blame this if those issues bug you too.
>
> i like the reply-to munging... it encourages group dialog instead of
> one-off answers and makes for a more useful archive.

Ahah, the good old non sequitur arguments...
If you're going to make points, please don't list the ones that have
already been debated to death

http://marc.merlins.org/netrants/listreplyto.html
http://marc.merlins.org/netrants/listreplyto.txt

If you don't read at least the second link, I have nothing more to say
to you :)

Actually, I don't really want to re-hash this age old argument again.
I'm a mail admin, I've administrated more than 30,000 mailing lists, so
I've gone through this just a few times already :)

Marc