[ltp] Linux, Thinkpads and IBM warranties

Alejandro Bonilla linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 26 Apr 2005 11:55:32 -0600

|What issues and experiences have any of you had with Linux on your
|Thinkpad and IBM's warranties?  Has anyone had a repair issue in which
|Linux was install (dual boot or only Linux) and IBM give you a
|problem?  Or do you have to resort to reinstalling windows only before
|contacting IBM?
|
|Tony

Well, I wouldn't ever even mention Linux. Cause they will not think "Hey
this guy is a Pro" they will thing "That thing is buggy, I don't support it
and well, if he wants something RMA'ed, then install Windows on it!."

Just don't mention Linux. Altought one ACPI problem that was like 4 month
ago, did kill the battery of one of my Dell computers... :)