[ltp] any wireless minipci card on an x30?

Jack McDermot linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 26 Apr 2005 14:54:42 -0400

Hi

My thanks to all who replied. I just found about a more substantial
difficulty: according to the ibm sales person on the phone, I was mistaken.
My particular flavor of x30 does _not_ incorporate a built-in antenna. It
does, however, have the free minipci slot.

Can anyone comment on what this means in terms of my (wireless) options? Can
a minipci card be successfully used without an antenna? Or must has the time
come for me to remove my faithtul SCSI cardbus card from the pcmcia slot and
place a wireless cardbus card there?

Thanks for any input

Jack