[ltp] T42p + acpi + suspend

Jacek Wuwer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 12:20:29 +0200

Since I have upgraded my laptop to t42p (2373-P2U) I have been
struggling to use all its features under Debian sarge. Recently
I had some time and wanted to get suspend to work with acpi (as
id did work on my previous T30 with APM).
After significant googling around I have targetted 2.6.10 (with
Debian patches) and software suspend2. I thought it would be
resonable to start with suspend-to-ram have installed ibm-acpi
configured scrips, added "pci=noacpi acpi_sleep=s3_bios" to
grub conf. used radeon tool, etc.
My T42p happily enters S3, but upon resume I'm getting flood
of:

had: task_out_intr: status=0x51 {DriveReady SeekComplete Error}
     task_out_intr: error=0x04 {Drive Status Error}

Only cold reboot helps at this point.

Does anyone experienced this error ? - or - have any idea where
it comes from and how to work around it ? It's independent from
X (I'm using VESA for now).

On the other front I have tried hiberate script 1.06, but since
I had troubles patching my kernel source with
software-suspend-2.1.7-for-2.6.10 (due to Debian patches I
guess) I could not enter S4. I probably need to start with
fresh sources from kernel.org. Has anyone got hibernate working
on Debian 2.6.10 kernel ?

Any info/help will be appreciated ...

thanks

Jacek

Oglądaj -> Wydarzenia.wp.pl -> Wiesz, co najważniejsze!
Najbardziej aktualne materiały filmowe - Kliknij:
http://klik.wp.pl/?adr=www.wydarzenia.wp.pl&sid=365