[ltp] Linux, Thinkpads and IBM warranties

Don Perley linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 07:33:20 -0400

>>With all due respect, I think that it's absolutely amazing that IBM are
>>replacing all these parts for you for free, because you would appear to be
>>running your TP at full speed all the time, thus over heating the poor
>>thing. Needless to say IBM should have realised that and been able to
>>advise you appropriately. btw are you running a cpu speed control daemon?

Even in the rock-stock Thinkpad with Windows they supply various power
control profiles.  Most (all?) of them will run full speed all the time
when on AC power.

I had to set up a custom one to get adaptive CPU speed on AC.