Mr Ryan's auto-responder problem ... (Re: [ltp] Plese turn off James Ryan's auto responder!)

Richard Mancusi linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 09:23:39 -0500

James -

I was not part of the email or voicemail replies to you.  However,
it appears someone should reply to you.

On 4/26/05, James Ryan <jamesr@totalinfosecurity.com> wrote:
> Hi, this is James Ryan...of the infamous "autoresponder incident" which
> apparently will go down in the annals of "ltp" history as a crime
> against humanity...perhaps I should present myself to the Hague for
> prosecution?

Seems a bit strong - but if it will make you feel better ...

> On Thursday, 14-April I was struck with a sudden, critical illness that
> required immediate treatment.

I hope you are better.  Actually I saw a similar incident many years
ago.  A "Boss" screaming at an employee - "... where the &%^# have
you been the last 3 days ...".  He answered "... my mother died ..."
Sometimes folks act in haste and must spend several days removing
their foot from their mouth.

> Though I feel I have provided helpful advice to this list in the past
> (the ACPI HOWTO, the CPUSPEED HOWTO, etc.), and have certainly benefited
> greatly by your advice, as a result of this incident I feel I can no
> longer participate in the list.  Thank you all for your insight over the
> years, I will miss you.
>=20
> Regards,
> James

Very sorry you feel that way.  I know you have been given more advise
then you want - but here is more anyway.

Both you and some people on this list made mistakes.  I doubt if it
is the first one for any party.  Relax, calm down, and don't take life
too seriously - you will never get out of it alive.

Don't leave the list - no one gains
Rich