[ltp] OpenGL apps stopped working

Thu, 28 Apr 2005 09:33:21 -0400

On 4/28/05, Robert Svoboda <r080@atlas.cz> wrote:
> Hi list,
>=20
> I have R40 with Radeon 7500. I have OpenGL working as glxinfo
> says it's on and glxgears gives me ~970fps (1024x768 16b
> colors).
>=20
> However, when I try to run some other OpenGL app, for example
> tuxracer it complains:
>=20
> Couldn't set GL mode: X11 driver not configured with OpenGL
>=20
> I don't know what changed, because it's quite long time I
> played with OpenGL. agp, drm, radeon modules are compiled into
> kernel (I tried having them as modules - didn't help). Kernel
> is 2.6.11 (even tried others).
>=20
> Any advice?
>=20
> Robert

Sounds like a libGL problem.  if you upgraded to a newer dri snapshot
or messed with your X install, you may have an old version of libGL
floating around that some apps are using.  try:
ldd `which glxinfo`
and compare it with the results of:
ldd `which otherapp`
and see if they are linking to the same version of libGL.

Which other apps are giving you problems?

This guide may be helpful to you in tracking down the problem:
http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/DriTroubleshooting

Alex