[ltp] general performance question on R51

Takis Diakoumis linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 01 Aug 2005 21:32:13 +1000

Hi

thanks for the responses.

i've stopped using cpufreqd and instead left it to the kernel governor
with ondemand.
i have also just compiled and installed kernel 2.6.12.3.

i have already noticed a difference with the momentary 'hang' only
occuring once or twice since. so some progress there.

i do have laptop-mode installed. i will try and disable its use - though
it seems like a fine line between that and battery time with the drive
at full throttle all the time. i'll try it.

i have the battery.sh script for the acpi action that invokes
laptop-mode with hdparm from the ibm-acpi source. i'm not that familiar
with hdparm (and have read it can render your drive useless) so i don't
want to tinker with it too much. if anyone has a good working hdparm
setting for battery.sh it would be appreciated.

anything else would be appreciated.
thanks

Takis