[ltp] Problems installing Linux on a T43

Joel Ebel linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 01 Aug 2005 10:21:23 -0400

I'm not sure about the T43, but the T40 is certainly supported in later
2.4 kernels just fine.  Wile it might be different with the T43, It's
worth a shot to get the latest version you can.  For the most up to date
2.4 kernels, Slackware is your best bet.  Slackware 10.1 uses 2.4.29, or
you can use slackware's -current branch, which uses 2.4.31, the very
latest.  The next best options is probably Debian Sarge which, if you
use the 2.4 kernel you get 2.4.27.  If you need to stick with Red Hat
like, you could try CentOS 3.5.  It uses 2.4.21, but probably has
backported many drivers from later kernels.

Good luck,
Joel