[ltp] Kick up the Fan.

Marcel Selhorst linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 01 Aug 2005 18:35:45 +0200

Hi,

I opened a threat on this a couple of weeks ago, and I couldn't find a way to
increase the fan speed manually, either. My T43 is currently running between
50-60 degree Celsius and during compilation it goes up to 90, too, so I also
would like to boost the fan to maximum speed...
These temperatures seem to be normal, and my fan is also always running at around
4000rpm, but my notebook doesn't shut down.
I asked the IBM support about this and they told me the following:

* snip *
> Hi Marcel,
> Thank you for your email,The condition you describe is
> normal & within specification
> there is no requirement to log hardware fault at this
> time.Intel have built in 6 temp
> sensors desingned to shutdown Thinkpad  when it
> overheats.
>
> If this happens that is when you would contact us
> regarding logging hardware fault.
>
> Regards,
* snip*

So you should probably call them and open a support call on this.

Best regards,

Marcel Selhorst