[ltp] Problems installing Linux on a T43

Tue, 2 Aug 2005 07:27:12 +0200

On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 06:51:06 -0700, Thor Tall wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed a redhat 7.3 on my new T43 and I am
> having problems with the speed of the HD as it does
> not support DMA. Using lspci I can see that the

AFAIK the T43 has the latest generation of Intels IDE chipsets. You
could have a look into the list archives, there were some postings
regarding DMA support in recent kernels.

> chipset is not supported by the kernel. Does any of

Just a hint: a "unknown device" in lspci just says that the pci.ids
file of your lspci installation doesn't contain this PCI ID. It has
nothing to do with the kernel support of this device.

Regards,
Tino