[ltp] X31 and suspend to ram - problems with framebuffer and drm

Michael Kamper linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 03 Aug 2005 09:43:33 +0200

Hi,

I have a X31 and I'm pretty happy with it, almost works like a charm.
Especially my Thinkpad doesnt have a power drain in suspend to ram, so
I'm really interested in getting S3 fully working. Just there are two
problems with it:

First issue: After waking up my framebuffer is broken. It's very
strange, but it looks like it gets mixed with my current X-session. The
graphics appear zoomed for 10 times in the framebuffer and half of the
console letters disappear.
The second thing: Sometimes after waking up (maybe about every 3rd or
4th time, its quite different), my computer freezes. In the screen there
appear strange colourful lines, flickering and my kernel even doesn't
answer anymore to sysrq-requests, so it's really dead. When I removed
drm from my kernel, everything seems to work normally. I also tried to
compile the drm-modules as modules, but then drm won't work at all
(don't worry, I didn't forget to insmod them).

My kernel is the recent one from kernel.org and I'm using acpi and xorg.
Anybody has a fully working acpi-suspend-to-ram configuration on his/her
thinkpad? I'd love to see that!

Regards
Michael