[ltp] Suse Linux and Windows XP in a R40, problem with predesktop

Marcel Selhorst linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 05 Aug 2005 01:12:25 +0200

Hi Jose,

since your recovery partition is corrupt anyway now, the easiest way for =
you is to
enter BIOS, disable the Pre-Desktop-things (which will unhide the predesk=
top-
partition in your partition manager). Then you can delete all partitions =
and
repartition your disk as you like. Start installing windows on your first=
 partition
and afterwards you can install Linux on the second (or whatever you like)=
 partition
(but make sure to leave one partition for swap / suspend-to-hdd).
Installing GRUB in the MBR does no harm to Windows, you just have to crea=
te a menu
entry in your menu.lst in order to boot windows after installing GRUB.

Good luck,

Marcel