[ltp] ibm-acpi 0.11 compilation problems with Fedora devel 2.6.13-rc5

Fri, 5 Aug 2005 15:06:00 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, Martin Hermanowski wrote:

> I had the same problem when installing 2.6.13-rc4-mm1. There seems to be
> a new funtion in the linux kernel named `device_add', so I just renamed
> the two occurrences of `device_add' in the ibm-acpi module to
> `ibmacpi_device_add', and it worked like a charm. Since this function
> doesn't actally do anything, I suspect that this cannont break anything.
>
> Regards,
> Martin

Thanks Martin!  I feel a bit dim now, I thought of doing that until I
saw that device_add was also there in previous kernels' device.h's,
so didn't understand how it could be a new conflict.  I'm clearly not
much of a coder because I still don't, but your fix works fine..!