[ltp] X20 ticking like a clock?

David A. Desrosiers linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 6 Aug 2005 15:51:04 -0400 (EDT)

> There is one thing that makes me wonder, though.  It ticks like a
> clock about every second.  Is this normal?  Where does it come from?
> It is not the HD since the ticking will not go away when I take the
> drive out.  I am afraid this is something on its last leg and if
> that is the case, I'd rather return the machine for an exchange
> right away.

 	Does it go away when you mute the volume? If so, then it is an
application or something related to the sound output device (perhaps
feedback from wireless to your speakers?), if not, then it is
mechanical. From there, you can narrow it down.

David A. Desrosiers
desrod@gnu-designs.com
http://gnu-designs.com