[ltp] Fn Keys on R40 + FC4

leg linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 06 Aug 2005 22:14:30 +0200

--------------010609060009000609050802

Hey Alex, thankx a lot for your help. I have not tryied it right now,
but could you tell me why is it disabled? are there any problems with
this? can i brake something if i do this. the stability of my mashine is
pretty ok, so i don't whant that my thinkpad crashes. ;-)

thankx

leg

Alex Deucher wrote:

>On 8/6/05, leg <tomz@mytum.de> wrote:
>

>>Hi people
>>

>>I have an Thinkpad R40 with fedora core 4 installed. for the time i had
>>FC2, i could use the FN-key with F7 to change the monitor output. Now it
>>is not posible. How can i change such thing? where is the config for that?
>>

>The radeon driver in 6.8.x disables the bios from messing with the
>chip behind it's back while X is running.  You can grab the radeon
>driver from xorg cvs and enable the bioshotkeys option to restore the
>old behavior.
>
>Alex
>

>>how can i enable FN+F4 for suspend (it is working within KDE with
>>klaptop, but if i use fluxbox i just can't suspend)? and how can i
>>enable the nextpage and lastpage buttuns?
>>

>>any help whould be great
>>

>>thatnkx a lot
>>

>>leg
>>--

--------------010609060009000609050802

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Hey Alex, thankx a lot for your help. I have not tryied it right now,
but could you tell me why is it disabled? are there any problems with
this? can i brake something if i do this. the stability of my mashine
is pretty ok, so i don't whant that my thinkpad crashes. <span
thankx <br>
leg<br>
Alex Deucher wrote:
 type="cite">
I have an Thinkpad R40 with fedora core 4 installed. for the time i had
FC2, i could use the FN-key with F7 to change the monitor output. Now it
is not posible. How can i change such thing? where is the config for that?

    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
The radeon driver in 6.8.x disables the bios from messing with the
chip behind it's back while X is running.  You can grab the radeon
driver from xorg cvs and enable the bioshotkeys option to restore the
old behavior.

Alex

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">how can i enable FN+F4 for suspend (it is working within KDE with