[ltp] I should have left it alone...

David A. Desrosiers linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 8 Aug 2005 19:55:03 -0400 (EDT)

	My confidence in building Xorg/Mesa/r300/drm brought me to the
point where I felt I was unstoppable. The only way was up!

	..until today.

	Now with any version of Xorg/Mesa/r300/drm that is built with
DRI/3D support, I get about 8 seconds in X, before the whole machine
hard-locks. Nothing responds (ping, services running, etc.) from any
external machine to my T42p.

	So now I'm back to the stock, non-3D Debian Xorg, until this
gets fixed up. Since the merge of r300 into the Mesa tree, everything
has gone crazy. Now I have to go copying files all over the place just
to get 3D working, and then it works for about 8 seconds.

	I don't have to be running anything in X, just starting up X
and touching nothing, kills the machine in about 8 seconds. Arg!

	Does anyone have build instructions for the _current_
Xorg/Mesa/DRM + r300 cvs? One that does not require me to copy files
around all over the place?

	Thanks.

David A. Desrosiers
desrod@gnu-designs.com