[ltp] Fan always on problem... does it happen on R52 with the Intel Media Graphics card?

Jaime Iniesta linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 10 Aug 2005 16:18:40 +0200

Hi, I'm new on this list, I heard about you on thinkwiki.org

I'm thinking about buying an R52. I was pretty sure that this was the
laptop I needed but then I read about the "fan always on" problem and
it scared me a lot. I don't want to have a noisy computer, in fact I
was thinking about buying an HP nc6120 but I decided not to do this
because its fan is also always on...

Anyway, I read the problem is related to the ATI RADEON graphics card.
Is it? Because I'm going to buy the R52 with the INTEL MEDIA GRAPHICS
card, not with the ATI, so I would like to know if with that graphics
card is the fan always on or not.

If the problem still exists with the Intel graphics card, is there any
solution? I've read lots of messages about it but I would like to know
the current situation, and existing solutions to the problem.

--=20

Jaime Iniesta AKA Capit=E1n planeta
email: capitanplaneta ARROBA gmail PUNTO com
jabber: capitanplaneta ARROBA jabberes PUNTO org
webs: http://capitanplaneta.blogspot.com/