[ltp] Power saving on my T41p

Patrick Huber linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 11 Aug 2005 08:08:18 +0200

Hi

To turn the wlan off I have to load and unload the modules twice after a
reboot. After this initial cycles, a normal load and unload will do. I have a
small script to do this for me.

Also make sure you have the cpu governors compiled in the kernel and loaded.
Then select either ondemand or conservative. Ondemand jumps to 100% power as
soon as its necessary and goes slowly down again. Conservative steps slow in
both directions.

cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_governors
echo "ondemand" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

regards,
Patrick

--- start /root/bin/reload-wlan-modules.sh ---
#!/bin/bash

rmmodules() {
        rmmod ath_pci
        rmmod ath_rate_onoe
        rmmod ath_hal
        rmmod ath_rate_amrr
        rmmod wlan_wep
        rmmod wlan
}

mpmodules() {
        modprobe wlan
        modprobe wlan_wep
        modprobe ath_hal
        modprobe ath_rate_onoe
        modprobe ath_rate_amrr
        modprobe ath_pci
}

case $1 in
        "start")
                mpmodules
        ;;
        "stop")
                rmmodules
        ;;
        "restart")
                rmmodules
                mpmodules
        ;;
        *)
                echo "usage: start, stop, restart"
        ;;
esac
--- end /root/bin/reload-wlan-modules.sh ---