[ltp] t43p acpi/apm advice

Wolfgang Karall linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 11 Aug 2005 14:30:44 +0200

On Thu, 2005-08-11 at 10:16 +0200, Maik Zumstrull wrote:
> Correct. The Harddrives won't wake up with current kernels. Also, the
> DVD drive won't work (or: only in compatibility mode, i.e. no DMA).
> Experimental patches for both problems are available, but they won't be
> in mainline up to and including 2.6.13. Appearantly, it's not a priority
> to the kernel developers.

Are there more recent patches for the SATA-Powermanagement available
than those referenced in the ThinkWiki? Because those don't help on the
T43p, at least in my case.

About the no-DMA issue, I'm currently testing the SATA-ATAPI stuff
included in 2.6.12.3 (you have to enable it in includes/linux/libata.h
in the kernel sources) and it seems to work fine so far, haven't tried
burning a CD/DVD though.

Regards,
WK
--