[ltp] Problem with an A31p

Bert Haskins linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 11 Aug 2005 09:00:04 -0400

--------------040602060809040808010207

Tino Keitel wrote:

>On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 13:47:11 +0200, Frank Fiene wrote:
>

>>I have a problem with my old A31p.
>>
>>X is looking very ugly from time to time! If this happens and i try to
>>switch to a text console, this is looking like a chess board in
>>red/black!
>>
>>Can anyone help? Any physical contacts corrupt or the graphics hardware?
>>

>Does it change if you press on different places at the botom of the
>case?

Does it change if you pick it up from either the right hand corner or
the left had corner
 using just one hand?
If so, you are probably looking at a motherboard replacement!
been there,
  Bert.

> Does it also occur with the VGA-out?
>
>Regards,
>Tino

--------------040602060809040808010207

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Tino Keitel wrote:<br>
 cite="mid20050811124323.GC1875@localhost.localdomain">
  <pre wrap="">On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 13:47:11 +0200, Frank Fiene wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">I have a problem with my old A31p.

X is looking very ugly from time to time! If this happens and i try to
switch to a text console, this is looking like a chess board in
red/black!

Can anyone help? Any physical contacts corrupt or the graphics hardware?
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Does it change if you press on different places at the botom of the
case?</pre>
Does it change if you pick it up from either the right hand corner or
the left had corner<br>
&nbsp;using just one hand?<br>
If so, you are probably looking at a motherboard replacement!<br>
been there,<br>
&nbsp; Bert.<br>
 cite="mid20050811124323.GC1875@localhost.localdomain">
  <pre wrap=""> Does it also occur with the VGA-out?

Regards,
Tino
  </pre>

--------------040602060809040808010207--