[ltp] Fan always on problem... does it happen on R52 with the Intel Media Gr

Ovidiu Achim linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 11 Aug 2005 15:45:26 +0200

Hi JP,

Would be more specific? Which kernel, kernel params? ACPI or APM? Any
special cpufreqd config file? USB devices plugged? Wireless module in
use? BIOS version? EC version? Is the fan really stopped or is it only
running at the lowest speed? Which is the speed reported by ibm-acpi
for the fan?

I have almost the same model (1829-L7G) and the fan is always on if
not using the fan script.

Thanks,
amo

On 8/11/05, JP Renaud <jprenaud@emailplus.org> wrote:
> > Thanks Honey. I'm on a low budget, so the T series are not available
> > for me. If there are people complaining about the loudness of the R
> > series' fans, then I will not buy the R52, I'm quite obsessed when it
> > comes to computer noise.
>=20
> I have a R51 (1829-9MG, not the base R51 model) and it runs very quietly
> (Gentoo + cpufreqd). The only time the fan is very loud is just before GR=
UB