[ltp] Fan always on problem... does it happen on R52 with the Intel Media Gr

Paul RIVIER linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 11 Aug 2005 20:06:28 +0200

>> I've checked the archives, but can only dig up the init script, not the
>> ibm_manage_fan.sh script.
>> Could someone please post it again, or giveme a pointer as to where to
>> find it?
>>
>> Not that my T41 is noisy at all, but it would be nice to not be running
>> the fan if not necessary.
>>
>> Cheers, Leon.
>

> If this helps, it's in my personal archive here:

Thank you, I was out of the office for a while.
I use my script everyday, it's in my rc, so it is started at boot time.
I've done a "boolean tree" of states as to make sure it can not bug
(realy easy, 2 vars).
Thank you for the trap too, good idea.

My fan runs less than 1/5 of the time, and at low speed, so do not worry
about fan noise.

Paul RIVIER