[ltp] Fan always on problem... does it happen on R52 with the Intel Media Gr

Paul RIVIER linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 12 Aug 2005 15:36:19 +0200

Jaime,

> Remember this is a list for users who have Thinkpads, so you're
> unlikely to get an unbiassed answer.  But if you want opinion, I used
> Dell laptops for 8 years, and the construction of my T-series is
> a lot more solid.  It's a T, so more compact than an R, which I don't
> have experience of.  But the case doesn't squeak when I lift it.
>
> I was using Dell Latitudes; my impression was that Inspiron cases
> may have been even thinner/squeakier, but dunno.  If it's Linux,
> try looking for a Dell forum as helpful and informed as this one -
> they may exist, but I never found one.  If you do find one, ask there
> too to balance the bias - if you don't, that may help your decision
> making process.
>
> There are certainly worse laptops than Dells - but there are also
> better.
>
> There's my biassed opinion,
> Honey

+1 !
I think that today, thinkpads are the most reliable laptops, even more
than apple powerbooks.
What about the warranty, what about battery life, weight ?
And is there such a nice forum for discussing about dell laptops ? ;)
My T42 was expensive, but I do not regret at all !

Paul RIVIER