[ltp] configure ibm-acpi

Roland Knöpfli linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 12 Aug 2005 16:26:53 +0200

hi

i recently installed fedora core 4 on my A31p. i also udpated the
ibm-acpi drivers from 0.8 to 0.11 and i've read the ibm-acpi readme.

after creating a shell script 'blank.sh' under /etc/acpi/actions/ and a
config file 'blank.conf' under /etc/acpi/events/ i enabled the hotkey
support by entering 'echo enable > /proc/acpi/ibm/hotkey'.
as expected the combination of 'Fn'+'F3' caused a blank screen. i was happy!

but after a system restart i realized that the ibm-acpi driver doesn't
remember that i've enabled the hotkey function.

my (simple) question: how can i configure the ibm-acpi driver that the
hotkey function stays enabled even after a system restart?

thanks

Roland