[ltp] ACPI sleep resume in Ubuntu

Benjamí Villoslada linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 12 Aug 2005 17:16:44 +0200

El Divendres 12 Agost 2005 15:51, Matthew Garrett va escriure:
> On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 07:33:54AM +0200, Benjamí Villoslada wrote:
> > - Sleeps with the Fn+F4 buton, but the resume fails: the screen returns
> > and all work for a few seconds... until the hard disk led lights on and
> > doesn't stop.  Is necessary to stop the laptop with the power button.
>
> This is probably one of the IDE related issues.

Where I can read about this issues?  Any web?

> Firstly, if your machine
> has a rescue partition,

No, I've deleted accidentally the rescue partition --is my first ThinkPad :)

Now only have the XP partition (for BIOS update basically), hda2 (swap) and
hda3 (/)

> go into the BIOS and try disabling it.

I've disabled the IBM Predesktop Area in the BIOS, but the problem with the
IDE persists :(

By the way, one doubt: in the BIOS all IDE IRQ are set to 11.  Is normal?  Is
the default setting.

> Secondly
> (this is a bit braver), try the 2.6.12 kernel in Breezy - you'll need
> another couple of packages from there as well.

Thanks for your orientations.

--
Benjamí
http://weblog.bitassa.net